Russian skaters hunt saboteurs after meldonium positives
MOSCOW (AP) — Sabotage is to blame for a string of recent failed doping tests for meldonium in Russia, the country's skating federation said Wednesday.
At least three Russian speedskaters have tested positive for meldonium, the same medicine found in Maria Sharapova's sample at the Australian Open.
"In our specific case, there is a very high probability, and we will prove it, that the banned substance was planted on three athletes deliberately," skating federation president Alexei Kravtsov said. "According to our information, it was done by their teammates."
Kravtsov did... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler