Rutgers' president never asked to see Rice video
Rutgers University President Robert Barchi never requested to watch the video of Mike Rice hurling basketballs at his players' heads and shouting homophobic taunts during practices, despite knowing about it as early as November, according to a Star-Ledger report.
The new president trusted the judgment of athletic director Tim Pernetti and an outside investigation, which concluded that Rice's acts didn't warrant dismissal, the paper said, citing a source familiar with the situation.
Amid the outrage sparked by the video's public airing on ESPN, Barchi then watched a DVD compilation, and... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike