Rutgers' president never asked to see Rice video
Rutgers University President Robert Barchi never requested to watch the video of Mike Rice hurling basketballs at his players' heads and shouting homophobic taunts during practices, despite knowing about it as early as November, according to a Star-Ledger report.
The new president trusted the judgment of athletic director Tim Pernetti and an outside investigation, which concluded that Rice's acts didn't warrant dismissal, the paper said, citing a source familiar with the situation.
Amid the outrage sparked by the video's public airing on ESPN, Barchi then watched a DVD compilation, and... read more
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US
- 15:57 Jared Dudley believes Igor Kokoskov is 'ready' to be Suns' next coach
- 12:01 Irish premier launches bid to overturn abortion restrictions
- 09:35 Trump says he doesn't think personal lawyer will 'flip'
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia