Ryan Braun says he's open to trying first base for Brewers
A year ago at this time, it would have seemed a bit far-fetched to hear Ryan Braun talking about once again taking ground balls as an infielder.
But with the Milwaukee Brewers trading for Christian Yelich and signing free agent Lorenzo Cain last week, the team is suddenly bursting at the seams with outfielders and looking for ways to ease the potential logjam with Braun, Domingo Santana, Keon Broxton and Brett Phillips all returning.
General manager David Stearns first confirmed Friday that he'd discussed with Braun the idea of taking a look at him at first base in spring training. And on... read more
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans