Ryan Gosling teams up with PETA to fight cruelty to cows, writes letter against ‘dehorning’ practices
Ryan Gosling may be taking a break from acting but his animal activism in still going strong.
“The Place Behind the Pines” actor sent a letter to the National Milk Producers Federation this week requesting that dairy farmers discontinue the “barbaric practice” of “dehorning” calves.
RELATED: RYAN GOSLING TAKING A BREAK FROM ACTING
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) provided Gosling’s letter to The Huffington Post, which called dehorning “a painful process in which calves have their horns gouged out or sensitive horn tissue burned out of their heads.”
Gosling, 32,... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'