Sacramento, Seattle officials pitch competing visions for Kings
NEW YORK -- Investors and officials trying to keep the Sacramento Kings from leaving town finished pleading their case before the NBA on Wednesday but said they can't predict how the league will rule on the tug-of-war with Seattle.
After an approximately two-hour, closed-door pitch to a committee of NBA owners, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson and his investors said they were pleased with the presentation and confident in their chances.
But it was obvious that the Kings' future in Sacramento is far from certain. NBA Commissioner David Stern said both cities made compelling arguments for why... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...