Salpointe Catholic edges Cactus to win 4A softball title in defensive battle
Head coach Amy Baray-Rocha already knew what it was like to win a softball state title for Tucson Salpointe Catholic. She won as a freshman in 1993 and a senior in 1996.
In 2015, her first year as head coach at her alma mater, Baray-Rocha brought her squad back to the title game, where they lost to Vail Cienega, 9-2. The 1996 game remained Salpointe's most recent championship, until Tuesday, when a team that hadn't even been born yet helped Baray-Rocha return the trophy to Tucson.
No. 5 Salpointe edged out No. 3 Glendale Cactus 2-0 to win the 4A softball state title at ASU Farrington... read more
- 19:02 Houston native released after jailing in Vietnam pledges to help...
- 14:52 Listen: WhataMistake in the Senate race, Abbott's staff rolls in...
- 14:40 âShe canât even keep track of her gun.â Gov. Abbott attacks...
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics