Salpointe Catholic edges Cactus to win 4A softball title in defensive battle
Head coach Amy Baray-Rocha already knew what it was like to win a softball state title for Tucson Salpointe Catholic. She won as a freshman in 1993 and a senior in 1996.
In 2015, her first year as head coach at her alma mater, Baray-Rocha brought her squad back to the title game, where they lost to Vail Cienega, 9-2. The 1996 game remained Salpointe's most recent championship, until Tuesday, when a team that hadn't even been born yet helped Baray-Rocha return the trophy to Tucson.
No. 5 Salpointe edged out No. 3 Glendale Cactus 2-0 to win the 4A softball state title at ASU Farrington... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump