'Sand Castle' was tough to film for war veteran screenwriter
When Iraq War Veteran and Pat Tillman military scholar Chris Roessner sat down to write his debut screenplay "Sand Castle," he wanted it to be personal and to reflect the just over 12 months he spent in Iraq.
Most movies about war are mission oriented, about taking a hill, or a village, or capturing enemy troops. Roessner's movie is also mission oriented, but it’s a different kind of mission.
"I wanted to talk about what it feels like to be a young man or woman at war and what it feels like to need the local population [to work with you] to be successful," he told Fox... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded