'Sand Castle' was tough to film for war veteran screenwriter
When Iraq War Veteran and Pat Tillman military scholar Chris Roessner sat down to write his debut screenplay "Sand Castle," he wanted it to be personal and to reflect the just over 12 months he spent in Iraq.
Most movies about war are mission oriented, about taking a hill, or a village, or capturing enemy troops. Roessner's movie is also mission oriented, but it’s a different kind of mission.
"I wanted to talk about what it feels like to be a young man or woman at war and what it feels like to need the local population [to work with you] to be successful," he told Fox... read more
- 21:05 DPS: Serial speeder falls into trap set by Arizona troopers
- 21:01 Trades, not picks, could headline Arizona Coyotes' draft
- 20:47 Hosting congressional picnic, Trump calls for unity
- 20:22 Heat wave boosts burns in Phoenix as pavement, cars scald
- 19:42 SBOE members take issue with charter school proposal
- 18:22 FDA approves quicker-to-administer drug for blood cancers
- 18:04 Phoenix weather: 113 is considered good news after record highs
- 17:42 Phoenix boutique offers wedding dresses at fraction of cost
- 17:31 Fascinations tones down sexy products, hopes to lure more customers
- 17:03 Trump's putdown of wind energy whips up a backlash in Iowa