Sanford's fire chief resigns to accept new position in Broward County
Sanford Fire Chief Jerry Ransom announced that he will resign this month, ending a 32-year career with the department.
Ransom - who served as fire chief since 2003 - has accepted a position as deputy chief with Broward County Fire Rescue, city officials said. His last day as Sanford's fire chief will be April 26.
On Thursday, City Manager Norton Bonaparte said deputy Fire Chief Craig Radzak will become Sanford's new fire chief after Ransom's departure. Radzak will be paid $101,125 a year.
Topics Fires read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'