Satanists sue Scottsdale, allege religious discrimination
CLOSE Readers can send news tips to azcentral.com via the newspaper's social media channels, email or by calling the office.
The Satanic Temple's Arizona Chapter filed a lawsuit against Scottsdale on Friday for religious discrimination after the city barred the group from delivering an invocation at a City Council meeting two years ago.
The city says the group, which initially was approved to give the prayer, was turned away because it had no substantial ties to Scottsdale.
The Arizona chapter of the satanic group formed in 2016 after a similar situation in Phoenix.
An attorney for the... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law