School bans 9-year-old boy's My Little Pony backpack
An elementary school in Buncombe County, N.C., banned 9-year-old Grayson Bruce from carrying his My Little Pony backpack earlier this month saying it triggered bullying.
Kids in the school picked on Grayson for carrying the fuzzy, blue bag with cartoon pony Rainbow Dash's face on it. One morning it got to be too much.
He didn't want to get out of the car because kids were being really mean, his mom, Noreen Bruce, told USA TODAY Network. She decided to get the school counselor involved, but didn't get the help she expected.
One of her suggestions was to hide it, Noreen Bruce said. She... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance