School shooting hits close to home for two New York Mets players
CLOSE New York Mets pitcher Anthony Swarzak grew up in Broward County and had family members who attended Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. "My heart aches for the families."
PORT ST. LUCIE - New York Mets relief pitcher Anthony Swarzak said it was “humbling” and “scary” hearing the news about a gunman who killed 17 students and adults at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland Wednesday - the same school some of his family members had attended.
“I played against that school growing up,” Swarzak said Thursday morning.
More: Florida school shooting suspect charged with... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...