School shooting hits close to home for two New York Mets players
CLOSE New York Mets pitcher Anthony Swarzak grew up in Broward County and had family members who attended Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. "My heart aches for the families."
PORT ST. LUCIE - New York Mets relief pitcher Anthony Swarzak said it was “humbling” and “scary” hearing the news about a gunman who killed 17 students and adults at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland Wednesday - the same school some of his family members had attended.
“I played against that school growing up,” Swarzak said Thursday morning.
More: Florida school shooting suspect charged with... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...