Schuerrle shoots Wolfsburg to Champions League quarterfinals
WOLFSBURG, Germany — Andre Schuerrle scored to send Wolfsburg to the quarterfinals of the Champions League for the first time on Tuesday with a 1-0 win at home over Belgian champion Gent.
Julian Draxler easily skipped past a defender and crossed for his fellow Germany international to seal a 4-2 victory on aggregate in the 74th minute.
Both sides were playing in the Round of 16 for the first time, and Wolfsburg is just the seventh team to have progressed at its first attempt.
"It's sensational. We wouldn't have believed it at the start of the season but now we've managed it," said... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...