Schuerrle shoots Wolfsburg to Champions League quarterfinals
WOLFSBURG, Germany — Andre Schuerrle scored to send Wolfsburg to the quarterfinals of the Champions League for the first time on Tuesday with a 1-0 win at home over Belgian champion Gent.
Julian Draxler easily skipped past a defender and crossed for his fellow Germany international to seal a 4-2 victory on aggregate in the 74th minute.
Both sides were playing in the Round of 16 for the first time, and Wolfsburg is just the seventh team to have progressed at its first attempt.
"It's sensational. We wouldn't have believed it at the start of the season but now we've managed it," said... read more
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices