Scottsdale schools CFO put on paid leave amid conflict-of-interest investigation
CLOSE The Arizona Attorney General's Office is investigating procurement practices for school renovations in the Scottsdale Unified School District. This video has been updated to include information about Hunt & Caraway's 2013 contract with the district.
Scottsdale Unified School District Chief Financial Officer Laura Smith was placed on paid administrative leave Monday, at least eight months after residents and teachers raised concerns about a possible conflict of interest.
Smith co-owns a consulting firm that does work for the district.
Superintendent Denise Birdwell, who defended... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law