Scottsdale schools CFO put on paid leave amid conflict-of-interest investigation
CLOSE The Arizona Attorney General's Office is investigating procurement practices for school renovations in the Scottsdale Unified School District. This video has been updated to include information about Hunt & Caraway's 2013 contract with the district.
Scottsdale Unified School District Chief Financial Officer Laura Smith was placed on paid administrative leave Monday, at least eight months after residents and teachers raised concerns about a possible conflict of interest.
Smith co-owns a consulting firm that does work for the district.
Superintendent Denise Birdwell, who defended... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler