Sean Miller FBI wiretap story: ESPN, Mark Schlabach stand by report as scrutiny increases
CLOSE Arizona basketball coach Sean Miller met with the media Thursday to decry an ESPN report that linked him with potential payments to a recruit.
As questions surrounding its report about Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller being caught on an FBI wiretap allegedly offering Deandre Ayton $100,000 to play at the University of Arizona mount, ESPN and some of its writers have strongly defended its work.
The reporter who published the story, Mark Schlabach, hasn't tweeted since Feb. 25, but he did go on SportsCenter Thursday night, not long after Miller's statement Thursday.
“Based on my... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:50 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila not sweating spring results