Secretive X-37B military space plane marks 700 days in orbit
The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane has now been circling Earth for 700 days on its latest hush-hush mission.
That mission — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 4, or OTV-4 — began on May 20, 2015, with a liftoff atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Florida's Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
As the name implies, the current mission is the fourth for the X-37B program. These orbital jaunts have been getting progressively longer: OTV-1 launched in April 2010 and spent 224 days in space, OTV-2 lifted off in March 2011 and orbited Earth for 468 days, and OTV-3 began in... read more
- 11:10 Should Arizona schools let kids watch solar eclipse outside? Some...
- 11:10 'Young Southwest modern' house built by owner in 1950s is for sale
- 10:18 Saving and budgeting: How to be smart with your money
- 08:47 Trump's first campaign manager joins super PAC backing him
- 08:00 The Latest: Dunford endorses military leaders' tweets
- 07:20 Texas lawmaker says his bill would not protect Charlottesville...
- 06:45 Bay Area averages a car-to-car shooting on its freeways every week,...
- 06:32 McCaul calls congressional hearing after Charlottesville violence
- 04:12 President Trump's ardent backers support him more than ever
- 03:59 Trump aide: No military solution in North Korea