Secretive X-37B military space plane marks 700 days in orbit
The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane has now been circling Earth for 700 days on its latest hush-hush mission.
That mission — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 4, or OTV-4 — began on May 20, 2015, with a liftoff atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Florida's Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
As the name implies, the current mission is the fourth for the X-37B program. These orbital jaunts have been getting progressively longer: OTV-1 launched in April 2010 and spent 224 days in space, OTV-2 lifted off in March 2011 and orbited Earth for 468 days, and OTV-3 began in... read more
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance
- 20:49 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila is off to a rough start at the plate
- 20:24 Arizona Cardinals limiting Sam Bradford now in hopes of a healthier...
- 18:32 ASU football podcast: Reviewing the first spring under coach Herm...
- 18:28 No. 8 ASU softball hosts No. 13 Arizona looking to solidify NCAA...
- 18:20 2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
- 17:50 Texasâ ârevenge pornâ law struck down by state appeals court
- 17:42 Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe