Secretive X-37B military space plane marks 700 days in orbit
The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane has now been circling Earth for 700 days on its latest hush-hush mission.
That mission — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 4, or OTV-4 — began on May 20, 2015, with a liftoff atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Florida's Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
As the name implies, the current mission is the fourth for the X-37B program. These orbital jaunts have been getting progressively longer: OTV-1 launched in April 2010 and spent 224 days in space, OTV-2 lifted off in March 2011 and orbited Earth for 468 days, and OTV-3 began in... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded