Secretive X-37B military space plane marks 700 days in orbit
The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane has now been circling Earth for 700 days on its latest hush-hush mission.
That mission — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 4, or OTV-4 — began on May 20, 2015, with a liftoff atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Florida's Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
As the name implies, the current mission is the fourth for the X-37B program. These orbital jaunts have been getting progressively longer: OTV-1 launched in April 2010 and spent 224 days in space, OTV-2 lifted off in March 2011 and orbited Earth for 468 days, and OTV-3 began in... read more
- 11:36 House approves stopgap spending bill to avert shutdown
- 11:36 Trump signs executive order expanding drilling in Arctic, Atlantic...
- 11:32 Reports of man with gun near Phoenix school prompts lockdown
- 11:26 The Latest: Death penalty described as red line for Turkey
- 11:26 Tombstone of famed rabbi damaged in Czech town of Prostejov
- 11:19 Tillerson eyes cutting 2,300 jobs at State Department
- 11:17 Shocking Guatemala video shows car plowing through protesters
- 11:17 Massachusetts teen survives falling 200 feet off cliff in Switzerland
- 11:15 Convicted sex offender charged with trafficking meth in Jefferson...
- 11:15 UK jury convicts doctor of performing unnecessary surgeries