Secretive X-37B military space plane marks 700 days in orbit
The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane has now been circling Earth for 700 days on its latest hush-hush mission.
That mission — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 4, or OTV-4 — began on May 20, 2015, with a liftoff atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Florida's Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
As the name implies, the current mission is the fourth for the X-37B program. These orbital jaunts have been getting progressively longer: OTV-1 launched in April 2010 and spent 224 days in space, OTV-2 lifted off in March 2011 and orbited Earth for 468 days, and OTV-3 began in... read more
- 10:50 NFL power rankings: Getting in the Christmas spirit entering Week 15
- 10:35 Tom Brady: 'I've pretty much moved past' ugly loss to Dolphins
- 10:34 A Georgia mother battles opioids to win back her kids
- 10:34 Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- 10:31 Herm Edwards' contract: 5 things to know about ASU head football...
- 10:24 4 of Arizona's tax credits could help you save thousands of dollars
- 10:24 Gilbert charter school fires teacher accused of sexual misconduct...
- 10:02 Former Arizona high school basketball players on college basketball...
- 09:57 Tom Brady: Patriots focused on putting ugly loss behind them fast
- 09:14 CEO Mary Barra: GM committed to 'harassment-free' workplace