Secretive X-37B military space plane marks 700 days in orbit
The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane has now been circling Earth for 700 days on its latest hush-hush mission.
That mission — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 4, or OTV-4 — began on May 20, 2015, with a liftoff atop a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Florida's Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
As the name implies, the current mission is the fourth for the X-37B program. These orbital jaunts have been getting progressively longer: OTV-1 launched in April 2010 and spent 224 days in space, OTV-2 lifted off in March 2011 and orbited Earth for 468 days, and OTV-3 began in... read more
- 21:05 DPS: Serial speeder falls into trap set by Arizona troopers
- 21:01 Trades, not picks, could headline Arizona Coyotes' draft
- 20:47 Hosting congressional picnic, Trump calls for unity
- 20:22 Heat wave boosts burns in Phoenix as pavement, cars scald
- 19:42 SBOE members take issue with charter school proposal
- 18:29 I-17 closed for 11 miles in north Phoenix because of brush fire
- 18:22 FDA approves quicker-to-administer drug for blood cancers
- 18:04 Phoenix weather: 113 is considered good news after record highs
- 17:42 Phoenix boutique offers wedding dresses at fraction of cost
- 17:31 Fascinations tones down sexy products, hopes to lure more customers