Security guard fatally shoots man in west Phoenix
CLOSE Go inside the Phoenix Fire Department 911 call center to learn about what's going on when you call 911 in the Phoenix metro area. Hannah Gaber/azcentral.com
A security guard fatally shot a man Wednesday evening in west Phoenix, police said.
The shooting occurred near 35th Avenue and Buckeye Road, according to Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Jonathan Howard.
The man died of his injuries at the scene.
The guard is cooperating with investigators, Howard said.
An investigation is ongoing.
Check back with azcentral.com for updates.
Man accused in fatal shooting of Tempe fire... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants