Sell me Mrs. Rita? Iconic Tempe psychic's house for sale
Iconic psychic Mrs. Rita apparently didn’t see this one in the tarot cards. Her longtime downtown Tempe house is on the market for $2.9 million.
"Mrs. Rita" became famous when the Tempe band Gin Blossoms named a song after her in 1992. She has been renting the 1920s house for more than three decades.
The landmark site on University Drive just off Mill Avenue has already attracted several potential buyers, said Aaron Dutcher of MHG Commercial, who has the listing.
He said the property is zoned for commercial space and could sell before year end.
A nine-story luxury apartment... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida