Sen. Jeff Flake condemns 'white supremacy' in tweet
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Graphic video: A bystander captures the moment a car slams into a crowd at a white nationalist protest in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Amid the chaos of the Charlottesville, Virginia, riots, which as of Saturday afternoon had left one civilian dead and many more injured, Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake took to Twitter to condemn the violence.
“The #WhiteSupremacy in #Charlottesville does not reflect the values of the America I know,” Flake tweeted. “Hate and bigotry have no place in this country.”
The protests, which began Friday night, were being led by... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator