Senate votes to ban e-cigarette sales to minors
TALLAHASSEE -- It would be illegal to give or sell electronic cigarettes to minors under a bill approved by the Florida Senate.
The bill passed unanimously Tuesday with no debate. It adds electronic cigarettes to the law that bans the sale of tobacco products to minors.
Electronic cigarettes are battery-powered devices that heat a liquid nicotine solution, creating vapor that users inhale.
Sen. Lizbeth Benacquisto, R-Ft. Myers, called the devices dangerous and said the bill she sponsored will keep children healthier.
A similar House bill has one more committee stop before being ready for a... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents