Senate votes to ban e-cigarette sales to minors
TALLAHASSEE -- It would be illegal to give or sell electronic cigarettes to minors under a bill approved by the Florida Senate.
The bill passed unanimously Tuesday with no debate. It adds electronic cigarettes to the law that bans the sale of tobacco products to minors.
Electronic cigarettes are battery-powered devices that heat a liquid nicotine solution, creating vapor that users inhale.
Sen. Lizbeth Benacquisto, R-Ft. Myers, called the devices dangerous and said the bill she sponsored will keep children healthier.
A similar House bill has one more committee stop before being ready for a... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft