Serena Williams pulls out of Qatar Open, citing the flu
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — Serena Williams has withdrawn from her second consecutive tournament, announcing Tuesday that she will miss next week's Qatar Open because of the flu.
The No.1-ranked Williams pulled out of this week's Dubai Tennis Championships on Saturday, also citing illness.
In a news release from the Qatar Open, Williams says "I have come down with the flu and do not feel 100 percent. I need to take this time to recover but I do look forward to returning to Doha and seeing my fans soon."
Williams last played in the Australian Open final, losing to Angelique Kerber.... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced