Shaun White, Kelly Clark serve as models to U.S. snowboarding teammates at PyeongChang Olympic Games
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - Shaun White is old enough and wildly successful enough to appreciate how his career could have gone the other way.
He was, after all, anointed as The Next long ago, when he was 7 and signed his first sponsorship deal with snowboard manufacturer Burton.
“I was also teed up to be the next big failure,” White said.
Instead White, at 31, is a four-time Olympian in halfpipe and inspiration to virtually everyone who's followed in his wake including his 2018 U.S. teammates Ben Ferguson of Bend, Ore., Jake Pates and Chase Josey.
The same is true in the women's halfpipe... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...