Shaun White, Kelly Clark serve as models to U.S. snowboarding teammates at PyeongChang Olympic Games
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - Shaun White is old enough and wildly successful enough to appreciate how his career could have gone the other way.
He was, after all, anointed as The Next long ago, when he was 7 and signed his first sponsorship deal with snowboard manufacturer Burton.
“I was also teed up to be the next big failure,” White said.
Instead White, at 31, is a four-time Olympian in halfpipe and inspiration to virtually everyone who's followed in his wake including his 2018 U.S. teammates Ben Ferguson of Bend, Ore., Jake Pates and Chase Josey.
The same is true in the women's halfpipe... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...