She was towed for the wrong reason, then stuck with a $500 bill
CLOSE Arizona lawmakers want to crack down on towing abuse, and a bill at the legislature could be the key. This is how that bill could impact bad-acting tow companies. Isabel Greenblatt/azcentral.com
Kate Devries-Thomas was on a business trip when her loan company called with a frightening question: Had she abandoned her car?
Devries-Thomas soon learned that her apartment complex had hired a towing company to remove her Honda Civic from its parking space for an expired registration. The car had been sitting unclaimed at a tow yard for days.
There was just one problem, the 24-year-old... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...