She was towed for the wrong reason, then stuck with a $500 bill
CLOSE Arizona lawmakers want to crack down on towing abuse, and a bill at the legislature could be the key. This is how that bill could impact bad-acting tow companies. Isabel Greenblatt/azcentral.com
Kate Devries-Thomas was on a business trip when her loan company called with a frightening question: Had she abandoned her car?
Devries-Thomas soon learned that her apartment complex had hired a towing company to remove her Honda Civic from its parking space for an expired registration. The car had been sitting unclaimed at a tow yard for days.
There was just one problem, the 24-year-old... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...