Shelby buys into battle for Senate majority
WASHINGTON - Sen. Richard Shelby isn't up for re-election this year but is dipping into his political action committee's $4.3 million to help Republicans win back the Senate.Shelby's Defend America PAC has handed out more than $200,000 to Republican candidates so far in the 2014 election cycle, making it one of the most generous leadership PACs in Congress.
Members of Congress raise money for their leadership PACs which are separate from their own re-election campaign accounts and use it to help colleagues and their party win elections.
Defend America PAC has given the maximum amount ... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike