Shelby buys into battle for Senate majority
WASHINGTON - Sen. Richard Shelby isn't up for re-election this year but is dipping into his political action committee's $4.3 million to help Republicans win back the Senate.Shelby's Defend America PAC has handed out more than $200,000 to Republican candidates so far in the 2014 election cycle, making it one of the most generous leadership PACs in Congress.
Members of Congress raise money for their leadership PACs which are separate from their own re-election campaign accounts and use it to help colleagues and their party win elections.
Defend America PAC has given the maximum amount ... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco