Sheriff's Office: Boat explosion injures mother, baby daughter on Canyon Lake
Two people were injured when a boat's engine exploded on Canyon Lake Saturday.
The engine caught fire and exploded Saturday afternoon, but the fire was contained to the one boat, according to Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
The explosion was accidental, officials said.
Two people, a mother and her 7-month-old daughter, received non-life-threatening injuries. The infant was airlifted to a local hospital for burn injuries to her arm, while her mother received minor injuries on her legs.
Officials are still investigating the incident. Canyon Lake is northeast of Apache Junction.
READ... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...