Sheriff: State could pay price for IDs to illegals
A Bay State sheriff is warning lawmakers that a proposal to grant driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants goes against federal law and could cost the state in lost highway funds.
The idea, already backed by 50 legislators, was aired out at a Beacon Hill hearing yesterday, where Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson said it could backfire.
“What they’re saying is because there’s so many of you, we’re going to make unlawful behavior lawful,” Hodgson said. “When we start changing laws to accommodate the people who are violating them, we begin to erode the framework of this country.
“I was just... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes