Sherrington: Yu Darvish’s near-perfect game not officially the best performance in Rangers history, but it’s hard to beat
SportsDay columnist Kevin Sherrington answered reader questions during a live chat Wednesday. Here are some highlights:
Was Darvish's game last night the best game ever pitched by a Texas Ranger?
Kevin Sherrington: Not officially, since Kenny Rogers actually threw a perfect game. But if you take everything into consideration, the number of strikeouts, only one ball out of the infield until the 9th, it was hard to beat. You have to consider, however, what a poor lineup the Astros used. Jose Altuve is a nice little player. Like him very much. And that's about it.
Tough call for Wash. Would... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft