Short but sweet e-book prequels are grabbing readers
They’re short, they’re cheap, and they’re from brand-name authors willing to do a little extra work for a potentially big payoff.
They’re $1.99 e-book “singles” from familiar names like John Grisham, Lee Child, Janet Evanovich, Dean Koontz and David Baldacci, standalone prequels or short stories released digitally in advance of a writer’s forthcoming novel.
Think of them as literary appetizers served before the main course. And they’re being gobbled by readers and hitting best-seller lists.
Why would a writer like Grisham, who’s had 20 No. 1 USA TODAY best sellers, need an extra boost to... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...