Sick Venezuelans flee to Colombia in mounting refugee crisis
CUCUTA, Colombia (AP) — In a cramped hospital near Colombia's border with Venezuela, migrants fill stretchers bearing the wounds of the deteriorating nation they left behind.
An 18-year-old woman rubbed her swollen belly after fleeing with her infant daughter when the wounds from her C-section began to ooze pus. A young man whose femur had torn through his skin in a motorcycle crash needed antibiotics for an infection. An elderly retiree with a swollen foot arrived after taking a 20-hour bus ride from Caracas because doctors there told his family the only treatment they could offer was... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...