SideTrack: Rose-Marie and Eijk van Otterloo and Susan and Matthew Weatherbie
DUTCH TREATS: Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts now has bragging rights to “Portrait of Aeltje Uylenburgh,” one of the finest Rembrandt portraits in private hands, part of Rose-Marie and Eijk van Otterloo and Susan and Matthew Weatherbie’s donation announced yesterday of 113 works of 17th-century Dutch and Flemish art by 76 artists. The Boston-area collectors plan to give the MFA their art collections, as well as a major research library and funding to establish a Center for Netherlandish Art at the museum. This calls for one heck of a thank you card.
- 10:01 Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out....
- 09:58 John McCain memoir, 'The Restless Wave,' coming in April
- 09:56 94 deaths from plague in Madagascar, UN health agency says
- 09:45 As Congress drafts budget, could lure of oil-drilling revenue put...
- 08:35 An unpaid $7 Waffle House bill leads Louisiana police to a...
- 08:18 Trump blames 'radical Islam' for uptick in crime in Britain
- 07:19 Arizona submits bid for Amazon headquarters. Now we wait
- 06:25 Countries with the highest pollution deaths, mortality rates
- 04:14 Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls
- 03:42 AP FACT CHECK: Trump is off the mark about Maria