Since February, it's been a defensive revival for the Arizona Coyotes
Connor McDavid, Ryan Getzlaf and Eric Staal each center three of the top lines in the NHL. But when each of them played the Coyotes in February, those units were held off the scoresheet.
The Coyotes are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games and have held their opponents to two or fewer goals in five of those seven wins. The team believes that its recent success - and stinginess - can be attributed to a defensive revival in the last several weeks.
“I'd say it's more of a consistent level of play from a lot of guys,” Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet said. “It's even a more consistent level of hockey IQ... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat