Six-time champion Serena Williams feels at home at Sony Open
Serena Williams is as comfortable at the Sony Open as she is in a pair of worn-out blue jeans. She lives an hour away in Palm Beach Gardens, is unfazed by the heat and humidity and has won the Key Biscayne tournament six times.
No woman has won more trophies here, and if Williams wins a seventh title, she will surpass Andre Agassi for the all-time record.
The 32-year-old defending champion and world No. 1 looked at home and calm Tuesday afternoon doing a series of beachside interviews at the Ritz-Carlton Resort.
“I have been waiting on this for a while, it feels good to be back... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike