Six-time champion Serena Williams feels at home at Sony Open
Serena Williams is as comfortable at the Sony Open as she is in a pair of worn-out blue jeans. She lives an hour away in Palm Beach Gardens, is unfazed by the heat and humidity and has won the Key Biscayne tournament six times.
No woman has won more trophies here, and if Williams wins a seventh title, she will surpass Andre Agassi for the all-time record.
The 32-year-old defending champion and world No. 1 looked at home and calm Tuesday afternoon doing a series of beachside interviews at the Ritz-Carlton Resort.
“I have been waiting on this for a while, it feels good to be back... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case