Slain teacher's family sues town, school system, cleaners
LAWRENCE, Mass. — The family of a Massachusetts high school teacher who was raped and killed by a 14-year-old student is suing the town where she died, the school system and a cleaning company whose workers washed away potential evidence.
The Salem News reports (http://bit.ly/2dOiZJL ) that Colleen Ritzer's family sued Wednesday in Lawrence Superior Court. Ritzer was killed inside a Danvers High School bathroom in 2013.
Philip Chism (CHIHZ'-uhm) was convicted in December of aggravated rape, robbery and murder. He was sentenced to life with eligibility for parole in 40 years.
Ritzer's family... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...