Slain teacher's family sues town, school system, cleaners
LAWRENCE, Mass. — The family of a Massachusetts high school teacher who was raped and killed by a 14-year-old student is suing the town where she died, the school system and a cleaning company whose workers washed away potential evidence.
The Salem News reports (http://bit.ly/2dOiZJL ) that Colleen Ritzer's family sued Wednesday in Lawrence Superior Court. Ritzer was killed inside a Danvers High School bathroom in 2013.
Philip Chism (CHIHZ'-uhm) was convicted in December of aggravated rape, robbery and murder. He was sentenced to life with eligibility for parole in 40 years.
Ritzer's family... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...