Small and mid-sized business owners more optimistic about economy
Owners of small and mid-sized businesses in North Carolina are slightly more optimistic about the economy but still hesitant to hire, according to results from a new economic outlook survey released Thursday.
The survey, commissioned by PNC Financial Services Group, shows that nearly 30 percent are optimistic about their own prospects in the next six months. However, only 15 percent expect to hire full-time employees – down from 20 percent last year – and 13 percent actually plan to reduce their full-time staff.
“I think what we're seeing is business think... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional