Snow falls in northern Arizona, more expected into the week
CLOSE Unused to snowy, slick and icy roadways? Follow this safety advice.
Snow was falling in parts of northern Arizona Monday afternoon, as a storm system moved into the state bringing much-needed moisture.
That same system was expected to bring rain to the Phoenix metro area.
The National Weather Service in Flagstaff tweeted that snow was falling in areas along Interstate 17.
“We are anticipating periodic snow showers in the high country,” Meagan Taylor, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, said.
MORE: A rainy Valentine's Day? It could happen as clouds bring rain to Phoenix... read more
- 00:53 US intelligence chief is tough on Russia, at odds with Trump
- 00:53 Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia
- 00:53 Kentucky's Paul shares Trump's skepticism of US intervention
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'