Snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis shows grit in chase for Olympic gold
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea - Those deeply invested in snowboarding likely feel there is nothing new to know about Lindsey Jacobellis.
Then the 32-year-old tells a story about how before traveling to her fourth Olympics, she installed new ducts in her home in southern California to eliminate fire hazards. And you realize a Jacobellis-of-all-trades always will have a surprise or two in her, stemming from lessons in self-reliance learned early growing up in Vermont.
Because Jacobellis was the only young girl then racing snowboard cross in Stratton, Vt., she competed against boys as an 11- and... read more
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 13:08 Steven Souza Jr. eager to fill key role, join familiar teammates on...