Soccer icon Brandi Chastain agrees to donate brain for concussion research
Brandi Chastain, whose iconic celebration at the 1999 Women’s World Cup became a lasting symbol of power and success in women’s sports, announced Thursday morning that she has decided to donate her brain after death to the Concussion Legacy Foundation to be studied by the renowned Boston University CTE program.
“I’m not going to be needing it at the end of my life, No. 1,” Chastain said in a phone interview with USA TODAY Sports, “and hopefully, what can be learned is, can doctors and scientists and neuroscientists look at the brain of someone like me, who has been playing soccer a majority... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold