Socioeconomic mix best for students: My Word
Orange County Public Schools has a tremendous opportunity to improve education. Three new schools will showcase the latest innovations in educational design and technology. Sadly, the proposed rezoning plans released Monday will do little to share this opportunity equitably with all our children.
The new Parramore K-8 will have a population in which 94 percent of the students are eligible for free/reduced-price lunch, a standard indicator of poverty status. This school will immediately be the poorest in the district. An extensive body of research has found that this sort of concentrated... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft