Soldiers fight to stop ISIL's expansion in Libya
MISRATA, Libya — A car dodges the sand and concrete blocks that slow vehicles approaching the Abu Grayin checkpoint, the front line in a war with Islamic State militants. Soldier Mohamed Shalgam grows fearful as he wonders if the driver is a suicide bomber.
“It is much more difficult than in 2011," said Shalgam, 26, who fought with rebels who overthrew long-time dictator Moammar Gadhafi. "At that time ...we fought (openly). Now, these cars, how can I know if there are families inside or terrorists?”
Abu Grayin, about 60 miles southwest of this military bastion for the... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely