Sony Open tennis tournament brings Latin flavor, where you can cheer, wave flags and buy a Maserati
The Sony Open is a special tournament for many reasons.
It's the fifth-largest tennis tournament in the world, right behind the four Grand Slam events. It is one of the few two-week tournaments that include both the men's ATP Tour and the women's WTA Tour.
However, what makes the tournament unique is its Latin flair.
Entering the park, pavilions line the left side pitch the usual things like credit cards and tennis equipment. But right next door is the Argentina Ministry of Tourism, enticing you to visit the Southern Hemisphere. As you venture closer to the main stadium, there are purveyors... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely