Source: Speaker Ryan to seek re-election, but will he stay?
WASHINGTON (AP) — Paul Ryan's future as House speaker has been such a topic of speculation that even the simple question of whether he will seek re-election to his Wisconsin seat remains secret.
Officially, Ryan says he's still deciding. But a person familiar with Ryan's thinking tells The Associated Press that the speaker plans to file campaign paperwork and intends to win his seat.
Ryan will have to fend off primary challengers, and Democrats are fired up for an ironworker whose Twitter handle is "Iron Stache."
If Ryan rums and wins, even those closest to him aren't certain... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant