South Carolina man sets mom on fire, later shot by brother after fleeing scene: police
A South Carolina man is accused of setting his mother on fire inside their home Tuesday morning before fleeing.
But the tables were turned when his brother later shot him twice, according to authorities.
The mother, 61-year-old Debra Davis, was taken to the hospital with second- and third-degree burns on about 40% of her body, the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office said.
Deputies received a call at approximately 8 a.m. that Piedmont woman had sought help at a neighbor’s home.
The neighbor, Randy Clark, told CBS affiliate WSPA-TV that he heard Davis screaming outside.
“I opened the door and... read more
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...
- 01:23 Review underway for Russia probe documents ordered released
- 01:23 Trump praises Kavanaugh, says everyone will be heard out
- 00:45 Trump imposes tariffs on $200B more of Chinese goods