South Carolina man sets mom on fire, later shot by brother after fleeing scene: police
A South Carolina man is accused of setting his mother on fire inside their home Tuesday morning before fleeing.
But the tables were turned when his brother later shot him twice, according to authorities.
The mother, 61-year-old Debra Davis, was taken to the hospital with second- and third-degree burns on about 40% of her body, the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office said.
Deputies received a call at approximately 8 a.m. that Piedmont woman had sought help at a neighbor’s home.
The neighbor, Randy Clark, told CBS affiliate WSPA-TV that he heard Davis screaming outside.
“I opened the door and... read more
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana