South Korea to brief US on meeting with North Korea's Kim
WASHINGTON (AP) — South Korean officials are to brief the White House Thursday on the outcome of their pathfinding meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (kim jawng oon).
Seoul has reported that North Korea expressed a willingness to hold talks with the U.S. on denuclearization and normalizing ties. That offers a potential diplomatic opening after a year of escalating tensions over the North's nuclear and missile tests.
Top Trump administration officials are to hear firsthand from South Korea's national security director, who led the delegation that went to Pyongyang (pyuhng-yahng).
A... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...