South Sudan monitor says cease-fire violated almost daily
JUBA, South Sudan – The monitor of South Sudan's peace deal is reporting "near-daily violations" of the cease-fire and says fighting could "trigger an uncontrolled escalation of violence."
Festus Mogae said Wednesday that both sides have perpetrated "egregious violations of human rights" including gang rape and killing of civilians.
U.N. peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous this week told the U.N. Security Council behind closed doors that South Sudan's government is delaying "as much as possible" the deployment of an additional 4,000 peacekeepers.... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler