Southwest to start flying from CLT next Sunday
Southwest Airlines, the low-cost carrier many travelers have wanted to enter the Charlotte market, will start flying from Charlotte Douglas International Airport on April 14.
The airline is switching existing AirTran service to Southwest that day. Southwest acquired AirTran for $1.4 billion worth of cash and stock in 2010, and has been combining the carriers' operations.
AirTran currently flies non-stop daily from Charlotte to Atlanta and Baltimore. Southwest will operate six non-stop daily flights from Charlotte to Baltimore, Chicago's Midway Airport, Orlando, and Houston.
Southwest is... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft