Southwest to start flying from CLT next Sunday
Southwest Airlines, the low-cost carrier many travelers have wanted to enter the Charlotte market, will start flying from Charlotte Douglas International Airport on April 14.
The airline is switching existing AirTran service to Southwest that day. Southwest acquired AirTran for $1.4 billion worth of cash and stock in 2010, and has been combining the carriers' operations.
AirTran currently flies non-stop daily from Charlotte to Atlanta and Baltimore. Southwest will operate six non-stop daily flights from Charlotte to Baltimore, Chicago's Midway Airport, Orlando, and Houston.
Southwest is... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...