Spain outlasts Italy in penalty kicks in Confederations Cup semifinal
The reign of Spain ... well, it isn't over just yet.
But it was close with second-half substitute Jesus Navas sending the World Cup champions on to the Confederations Cup final with a dramatic penalty-kick shootout win.
After 90 minutes of scoreless play in regulation and another 30 scoreless minutes in overtime, Spain couldn't miss the net in the shootout, converting all seven of its tries. Italy missed just once when Leonardo Bonucci's kick opening the seventh round sailed over the crossbar. That opened the door for Navas and he didn't miss, leaving Spain unbeaten in its last 29... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...