Spain outlasts Italy in penalty kicks in Confederations Cup semifinal
The reign of Spain ... well, it isn't over just yet.
But it was close with second-half substitute Jesus Navas sending the World Cup champions on to the Confederations Cup final with a dramatic penalty-kick shootout win.
After 90 minutes of scoreless play in regulation and another 30 scoreless minutes in overtime, Spain couldn't miss the net in the shootout, converting all seven of its tries. Italy missed just once when Leonardo Bonucci's kick opening the seventh round sailed over the crossbar. That opened the door for Navas and he didn't miss, leaving Spain unbeaten in its last 29... read more
- 02:59 Mueller probe gets info from ex-Trump lawyer Cohen
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches