Spain outlasts Italy in penalty kicks in Confederations Cup semifinal
The reign of Spain ... well, it isn't over just yet.
But it was close with second-half substitute Jesus Navas sending the World Cup champions on to the Confederations Cup final with a dramatic penalty-kick shootout win.
After 90 minutes of scoreless play in regulation and another 30 scoreless minutes in overtime, Spain couldn't miss the net in the shootout, converting all seven of its tries. Italy missed just once when Leonardo Bonucci's kick opening the seventh round sailed over the crossbar. That opened the door for Navas and he didn't miss, leaving Spain unbeaten in its last 29... read more
- 18:50 Trump replacing McMaster with Bolton
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer