Spaniard sentenced to death for gruesome killing in Thailand
BANGKOK – A Thai court has sentenced to death a Spanish man after finding him guilty of murder in the gruesome death of a fellow Spaniard.
Artur Segarra Princep was charged with the premediated murder in the death of 40-year old David Bernat, whose dismembered body was retrieved from a river and bloodstains and DNA found in Segarra's Bangkok apartment.
Segarra's lawyer said his client had denied the charges and will appeal.
During the investigation, police said they found a freezer in Segarra's home that is believed to have been used to store the body, as well as a book with instructions... read more
- 19:53 Phoenix neighborhoods trying to raise money in Sky Harbor noise fight
- 19:46 Rio slum dwellers protest deadly gang, police gunbattles
- 19:38 Game day: Diamondbacks RHP Zack Godley to start Wednesday vs. Padres
- 19:25 Arizona's top high school football prospects 2018
- 19:07 Mobile council approves next round of capital improvements
- 18:56 NAU shooting case goes to jury
- 18:47 Huntsville developer Nicole Jones to run for state Senate
- 18:34 World's last male northern white rhino gets help from Tinder
- 18:34 Chipotle says sales rise, discloses payment system problem
- 18:31 NFL reinstates Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington