Spin tale of cobra's escape to put Fla.-bound tourists at ease
One of the hottest news stories of the summer is the recent escape of a pet king cobra in Orlando.
The snake has become a star of Twitter and other social media, the nation once again having a good chuckle at Florida's expense. As of this writing, the venomous eight-foot reptile was still on the loose.
This is no laughing matter for tourism officials. September is one of the slowest months of the year because it's miserably hot, and also the height of hurricane season.
People don't need another excuse not to come to Florida.
Even if it's a relative you don't particularly like, resist the... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House