Spin tale of cobra's escape to put Fla.-bound tourists at ease
One of the hottest news stories of the summer is the recent escape of a pet king cobra in Orlando.
The snake has become a star of Twitter and other social media, the nation once again having a good chuckle at Florida's expense. As of this writing, the venomous eight-foot reptile was still on the loose.
This is no laughing matter for tourism officials. September is one of the slowest months of the year because it's miserably hot, and also the height of hurricane season.
People don't need another excuse not to come to Florida.
Even if it's a relative you don't particularly like, resist the... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...