Sponsors begin to drop Maria Sharapova
They’ve just ditched a girl named Maria.
Swiss luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer and German sports car manufacturer Porsche dropped their sponsorship of Maria Sharapova Tuesday, a day after apparel giant Nike dropped the the 28-year-old Russian tennis star.
Their departures come as Grindeks, the Latvian company that produces meldonium, said a normal course of treatment with the cardiac drug is four to six weeks. Sharapova said Monday that she had taken meldonium, also known as mildronate, for 10 years — though she didn’t specify how frequently she took it during that time. Sharapova, who faces a... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler