Sports Authority store closure list: Sales to begin
Sports Authority plans to begin liquidation sales as soon as Friday at about 140 stores that are set to close as part of its Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The Englewood, Colo.-based chain — owned by Los Angeles-based private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners — filed for bankruptcy Wednesday, citing $1.1 billion in debt and saying that its sales had slumped after it failed to keep up with consumer trends.
Nearly one-third of the retailer's locations will begin liquidation sales within days.
The list includes 25 stores in Texas, 19 in California, 18 in Florida and 11 in Illinois.
The rest... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...